Grand Master met with the head of the city, handicapped athletes and rehabilitation center (PHOTO)
Vladivostok, October 1, PrimaMedia. Legend International Federation of Taekwondo Grand Master Choi Jung Hwa visited Ussuriisk. During his visit the Grand Master met with the head of Ussuriysk, Ussuri and visited a rehabilitation center for persons with mental retardation, where he talked with mental disabilities, and presented a souvenir to the center. In the evening, the Grand Master Choi Jung Hwa, met with the athletes in family fitness club Taekwondo Land and handed athletes certificates of successful completion of the certification of the corresponding given, reports Trend. RIA PrimaMedia.
Grand Master Choi Jung Hwa arrived in Primorsky Krai at the invitation of President Primorye Karchemkina Roman Taekwondo Federation, the event organized in conjunction with the maritime branch of the Russian Union of Martial Arts, whose president is the deputy of the Legislative Assembly of Primorsky Krai Valery Kan.
Rud Nicholas and Grand Master Choi Jung Hwa
Picture: Alina Matveeva
At a meeting with the grand master of the head of Ussuriysk Mykola Rud proudly told the audience that the Ussuriisk is one of the most sporting cities in Primorye on established infrastructure and the various sports organizations and associations.
– Important role in this play and dynamic Taekwondo Federation, which raised more than 12 world champions and 18 European champions. We have two deputies in the Duma, are engaged in Taekwondo: World Championships medalist Roman Klimenko and world champion Vladimir Li – Mykola Rud.
Grand Master Choi Jung Hwa said that all sports events that take place in the Primorsky Territory and the Far East in general is very important to him and thanked the city for the warm welcome.
– My father was in the Primorsky region 20 years ago, and for me it was very important to come here after all this time. The skill of Taekwondo athletes during this time increased. Taekwondo evolves, and my goal – to inform about the new technology, standardize the rules of martial art – said the Grand Master Choi Jung Hwa.
In honor of the 60th anniversary of the founding of Taekwondo Grand Master handed the head of Ussuriysk anniversary memorial sign. For contribution to the development of physical culture and sports in Ussuriysk and promotion of Taekwondo as a popular sport among the youth chapter of Ussuriysk Mykola Rud he handed Grand Master Choi Jung Hwa badge of honor Duma Ussuriysk and awarded a diploma of the Duma Ussuriysk first vice-president of the International Taekwondo Federation (ITF ) Volmira league, Chairman of the Committee of Public Relations of the International Taekwondo Federation (ITF) Jung Chang Cook, as well as the president of Primorye Regional Taekwondo Federation Roman Karchemkina.
Grand Master Choi Jung Hwa warmly refers to the development of sports among the disabled, so on the same day the delegation of the honored guests visited the Ussuri rehabilitation center for persons with mental retardation (URC). Director of the URC Galina Janiszewski warmly welcomed the guests, told about the pupils of the center and conducted a tour on the establishment.
– Our center is 265 people aged 23-25 years. Of course, a very important place in the life of pupils of the center for sports. Our students are engaged in a variety of sports in the best of their ability: athletics, football, darts. But they are interested in martial arts, and they are interesting performances of sportsmen, – said Galina Janiszewski.
Grand Master Choi Jung Hwa arrived with gifts for the disabled – water dispenser, and talked with the pupils URC and freshly baked pancakes. Pupils Center awarded Grand Master gifts.
Choi Jung Hwa and pupils URC Oleksandr Volynets
Photo: Alina Matveeva
Ended meeting URC sports event on the football field – students “Taekwondo ITF-Land” under the guidance of coach Alexei Kim demonstrated to all present vivid demonstrations.
At the conclusion of his visit to the Grand Master of Ussuriisk Choi Jung Hwa, he met with the athletes in family fitness club Taekwondo Land.
– In Taekwondo you have to become not only good soldiers, but good people. Do black belt warrior with a heart must be as strong as metal and delicate, like a child. I believe that you will become good ambassadors Taekwondo ITF – appealed to athletes Grand Master Choi Jung Hwa.
Athletes addressed the audience and the guests of honor to the demonstrations, and the smallest ward section of Taekwondo ITF 4-year-old Julia read poems honored guests.
– In general, we believe that the most important part in taekwondo – is power, but in fact is very important and spiritual component. All Taekwondo instructor should focus not only on the strength athlete’s education, but also to inculcate good human qualities – respect for elders and their neighbors to be good people and to distinguish good from bad, to help the weak. In Primorye, there is a wonderful example of training in taekwondo strong personality – is Valery Kan, who is not only an athlete, but also a wonderful person with a developed intellect and high moral character – said the Grand Master Choi Jung Hwa.
Deputy of the Legislative Assembly of Primorsky Territory
Photo: Courtesy of Valery Kan
The arrival of the Grand Master Choi Jung Hwa – this is for Primorsky Krai historical event, as this year marks 60 years since the founding of Taekwondo. And 20 years ago, I myself was a member of the Far East championship in taekwondo, personally participated in the seminar, which conducted the founder Choi Hong Hi Taekwondo. In Primorye, are actively developing martial arts, our athletes celebrate not only their homeland, but also the whole of Russia, and the arrival of the founders of taekwondo in the history of the region will remain for centuries. Those children who today took part in the seminar, had to talk and be photographed with descriptions taekwondo, will become truly real athletes and good people. After all, as said Choi Jung Hwa, taekwondo – it is not only a martial art. This is primarily the teaching of education of high moral character and fortitude. And such significant, respected professionals like Choi Jung Hwa, provide a major breakthrough in a particular sport.
Duma deputy Ussuriysk, Honorary President of the Primorye Regional Taekwondo Federation
I am delighted that today, thanks to that relay, which took the new president of Primorye Regional Taekwondo Federation Roman Karchemkin, taekwondo has become a new stage of development. Thanks to the arrival of legendary Taekwondo Grand Master Choi Jung Hwa our athletes have new perspectives. Of particular pride is the fact that our coach liked the Grand Master, and this means that taekwondo in Primorsky Krai is developing in the right direction.
At the end of the meeting with the athletes Grand Master Choi Jung Hwa handed athletes certificates of successful completion of the certification of the corresponding given. The event ended with an autograph session and a commemorative photo. Athletes Choi Jung Hwa made a promise that he would visit the Far East again.
Reference: Winner IX Dan Grandmaster Choi Jung Hwa is the son of the founder of Taekwondo Gen. Choi Hong Hi and President of the International Taekwon-Do Federation (ITF). Grandmaster Choi Jung Hwa was born in 1954 in Korea on Jeju Island. His first lesson he received 5 years from his father and from 7 years old Choi Jung Hwa trained by the greatest masters of the Army Taekwondo. Grandmaster Choi received his black belt VIII stage personally by General Choi Hong Hi May 11, 1996 in the ITF. Grandmaster Choi Jung Hwa put a lot of effort to promote taekwondo worldwide. Through his work, the Korean martial art began to develop in many countries of Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union and North Korea. By working together and developing taekwondo with his father, Choi Jung Hwa was involved in the creation of a 15-volume encyclopedia Taekwondo, as well as many educational documentaries and books. During a ceremony celebrating the 50th anniversary of Taekwondo April 10, 2010 in Atlantic City, Master Choi Jung Hwa was officially given the title of Grand Master and IX given.